Monday, February 4, 2008

What were they thinking?

My kids are smart. They really are. I have their report cards to prove it, but there is no slot for a grade on common sense. Maybe that is a good thing as it would bring down their GPA.

My 11 year-old came in asking me what the blue snow was. As I like to stay warm I really did not know since I didn't venture outside. She said when she tasted it (my mind is madly trying to assure itself that no bodily fluids are blue) it tasted like salty, moldy potatoes mixed with moldy fish. I personally have never tried those combined flavors. I just told her that was really stupid to do.

My husband comes in wanting to know what I was be-littling our daughter about. I make her repeat the story. Hubby eloquently stutters out, "That was just ... what your mother said." Yep, couldn't have said it better myself.

The mystery substance? Miracle-Gro gone bad hubby had thrown out on our snow-covered garden area. Kaly insists she spit it out (who would want to eat those flavors anyway?). Seeing she didn't shoot up three inches overnight, I guess she didn't swallow any.

What was her reasoning for sampling unknown substances on the ground, you ask? "That's what they do on TV."

No comments: