Friday, February 22, 2008

Matches, Pens & Coins

It is interesting what ends up in the wash around here. I can understand the pen and coins. I pocket the change pretty fast. It just gets recycled around here anyway. The kids earn money. The kids lose money. Mom finds money. Mom gives kids money again when they earn it. LOL! The matches is the questionable item I found in today's episode of climbing Mount Washmore. Why? Maybe I do not want to know especially since I was washing only the kids' clothing and linens.

I have found what things do not wash well over the course of 12 years of doing laundry. Crayons wash well enough but dry horribly. The same goes for lisptick or chapstick. Pull-ups and diapers are beyond your worst nightmare. Paper towels aren't too bad unless you dry them. They are rather friendly things and like to cling to everything. Kleenexes too. Toys will make it unless battery operated. That can be good though if the toy was annoying. Cell phones do not wash or dry well at all. They make a lot of noise as they dry too. Magnets will melt a bit and permanently stick to the inside of your dryer if you dry them. Compasses or watches don't do well. Gum loses its flavor. Pens are fickle and vary on type.

Washing money is not the same as laundering money. LOL! I grew up thinking I was breaking the law each time I accidently washed some cash. I would look over my shoulder just knowing the law was after me. I wish I laundered more of it now ... finders keepers, ya know. I think I earned a whopping 26 cents today. At least that washed well!

1 comment:

Anne Coleman said...

LOL! Laundering money...I knew we should all keep an eye on you!