Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Joanna



Joanna is my sixth child. She is a petite thing. The only thing petite though is her size. Her screams and fits when she doesn't get her way are large and loud. She has a pair of pajamas that read, "If all else fails, turn on the charm." Joanna can turn on the charm by batting her big brown eyes. She can roll them like a pro if you exasperate her too. Another thing about Joanna that isn't petite is her self-confidence.

A month ago as Joanna brushed her hair to get ready for school, she told me why she needs to brush it. Good hygiene? Nope! "So the boys will chase me and *kiss, kiss* (making the sound)." I shut my mouth which had dropped open. I did open it long enough to tell Joanna that she isn't supposed to kiss boys. She reassured me that she won't be kissing any boys, but they'll kiss her. I guess there is a difference, but not if Dad has anything to say about it.

It seems Joanna is sweet on a boy (or two). I've seen a couple sweet on her too. So Clint and I had a talk with Joanna that pre-school is really too young to be kissing guys or thinking of marriage (she brought that up too). I've always said that Joanna will be the child to give me gray hairs. At least I can rest assured she has a nice dose of self-confidence (and they make products to cover up the gray).

No comments: