Tuesday, February 19, 2008

If I only had a brain ...

It seems my brain has gone in to retirement. Hiding is more like it really. Even with my nifty little toys like a pocket pc and those good ol' stand-bys called calendars I cannot remember properly. I can't seem to remember orthodontist appointments. Actually, I did remember yesterday's orthodontist appointment. I just forgot who was supposed to be there. I took the wrong kiddos. I guess that happens with three in orthodontics.

Some higher power must love me though because I did have the correct child with me, but only because we were shopping for flooring after the appointment. We built two new bedrooms in our basement for the two oldest boys. The project is about done. We are to the flooring stage so I (& kiddos) went to meet hubby at the flooring store after the appointment. The boys didn't pick out the flooring anyway as they were having too much fun playing on the humungo carpet rolls.

Where was I? Oh yeah, orthodontist. Luckily, I still had the right kid. It really chapped my oldest who was drug along since I though she was one of the appointments. She doesn't like the cold (but is always complaining about being hot ... teenagers) and wasn't interested in flooring either.

So I guess it all worked out. At least I didn't forget it was my oldest's brithday today (and 2-3 day FedEx is helpful when you do forget to get her gift on time).

No comments: