Thursday, December 18, 2008

They're dropping like flies ...

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me ... NOT!

First it was Charissa as her dad sped her home from seminary. She had her head hanging out the window. Hubby's car made it, but my stairs were not so lucky. BLECH! Then it was Joanna last Sunday who missed church and was nursed by her daddy.

Then it was Cara, but she was faking it although I still let her stay home. I made sure life was boring as possible for her. You need plenty of rest when sick, right? Yeah, she won't being repeating that anytime soon.

Now it is the biggest baby of all ... hubby. I know he is sick when he doesn't fight when told to stay home from work. That means he will hog the computer, and I actually gotta look like I work all day. I think I might leave him and Charissa home (she has a free pass on finals due to good grades and attendance so is out of school until January) with Eric so I can finish some shopping. Eric takes a 3 hour nap from 9:30 to about 1 p.m. or so. Yeah, I'm spoiled.

I guess it is better that hubby be sick now since on Sunday I have to teach two lessons (10-12 year old) and my 12-13 year old young women. Clint also got us into a family musical number that we are performing. I don't whether to wish that they all get sick now and not ruin my holiday (but wouldn't mind not singing) or just hope for the best that hubby is the last hit. Our room is under quarantine as I hang on to hope.

Sigh ... I better start acting ... er ... cleaning.

Edited to Add: ARRRGGGHHHH! Not 15 minutes later another bites the dust ... Oren had to make sure my two sets of stairs were a matching set. He just nailed the downstairs ones.

2 comments:

MotherToMany said...

My homeopathic doctor suggests using a drop of cinnamon oil in milk a day to help with sickies. It's 1000x stronger than antibiotics or vitamin C or anothing else. She's had one mama who's kids never get sick anymore because of their daily use of Cinnamon Oil. If I was as vigilant as she was with her 2 in administering it then maybe mine wouldn't get sick, LOL Even still if one does get sick they are usually better within 1-2 days of starting it.

It has ot be in milk and only a single drop because of the sharp tingling of it. But it works.

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Why is it *always* just before Christmas?! We've currently got colds and sore throats running through the house. Still, much better than the sickies! Hope everyone is much better soon.

Tania
x