Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Eric Update

Eric was wonderful. For a guy who hadn't eaten since 10 the night before, he was a real champ and not fussy at all. He smiled and flirted with the nurses who loved it. The doctor (an ENT) said that the clipping released quite a bit. The skin was to his gums as well as to the tip of his tongue. Eric is still getting used to it. I can tell the local anesthesia is wearing off because I was watch Eric getting used the new new freedom his tongue has.

I knew when they were bringing him to me as he was fussy. I heard him in the hall and met him at the door to our room. He practically leapt into my arms and promptly tried to nurse. Although I wasn't fast enough for his liking, he got his meal. He didn't have to try as hard to nurse or nurse as long. Poor kid wasn't used to it and snorted milk out his nose. That didn't make him happy.

Once his belly was full, he was happy and back to normal. That means grabbing everything trying to shove it in his mouth. Besides being a bit sleepy (napping now), he is just fine. I think I might just join him for a nap too. Sleeping next to him will help alleviate some mommy nerves that he is bouncing back just fine. It will also help that 3 a.m. wake-up this morning.

No comments: