Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Messy House

In the mornings it is quite hectic. There are 6 children running about trying to catch the bus. There is just one rushed mother to handle it all. So this is what my house looks like after they leave for school, main floor at least. I wouldn't want to lose you in my older girls' closet due to the piles. They are higher than the piles of snow outside ... well, almost.

Since I have no airs I can admit defeat and go back to bed. After all I was up since 5 a.m. with a nighttime feeding (for the baby not me) as well. I also can clean really fast since the baby can't move from where I put him yet and the others are in school. I clean better when I am more rested anyway.

Since I live out in the country I don't have many visitors. So who do I have to impress? There might be the mailman. Actually, ours is a woman. There is the occassional UPS guy, but I haven't ordered anything lately. I think I am relatively safe for now.

There is the risk that I over-estimate my abilities and sleep too long. Can you ever do that with an infant in the house? Today I am safe at least since my hubby has a dinner meeting after work so I have a bit longer than usual to restore order ... only to repeat the process again tomorrow.

Now excuse me, I need a nap. Perhaps it is just to hide my head under the covers since I showed the world my dirty laundry. After my nap I will clean out of mortification and so there will be no proof (except the clips I posted). I do that quite often, cleaning out of mortification that someone saw my messes. Then after it is all clean again, I want to call the person and invite them back over. They probably won't though because of those dang first impressions. They might too scared not because of the messes although once is enough but I am nuts to do something like that.

1 comment:

Anne Coleman said...

Ranae! Shame on you--I'm going to tell the HT board about this ;o)

Really, I think your house looks like mine on a GOOD day! UGH. Take a nap, Mrs. Cleaver, please.