Thursday, March 20, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel

just might be a train. I feel like I missed the train this week and am just barely hanging on, kind flapping back behind it like you see in cartoons.

It has just a whirlwind week. I will be grateful that we are healthy again. Wait! No, my oldest has the cold now, but she is holding up well. I just hate it when my baby or hubby are sick. Those are the worst. I don't anything done if either are. LOL!

We are in the middle of a basement remodel. Last year about this time part of our basement flooded. We had to rip up the carpet. That is when the nightmare started. It seems the carpet was glued in place BEFORE the walls were built. The walls were built on top of the carpet. So out come the walls too since we had to get the carpet out. What a fiasco!

A year later I am waiting for our new carpet to arrive and be laid. Our basement now sports two new bedrooms where we divided our huge family/game room. We still have the family room. The game tables will go in the third bedroom so those who might want to watch TV won't be bothered by the hollering of "CHEAT!" when people are playing ping pong or air hockey.

Tomorrow my hubby and I will be going out for a belated anniversary date (he had the nerve to travel on business on our anniversary) and shopping for trim for the basement. A cook-free meal for me and trip to Home Depot for him, the ideal date! Saturday will see us finishing the basement. That will be just in time for a visit from my mom and her husband.

Since there is life beyond the remodelling, not much but there is a little, we have been swamped in other areas of our life. All areas of our life except the sleep category that is. I never have an over-abundance there lately. There have been meetings both for church, work and school activities. I chaired a successful fundraiser for our school's PTO. I have been busy most nights and definitely days. Here's hoping life slows down the next week so I can at least get my footing for a more comfortable ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping things have calmed for you a little, and praying this week brings you a little peace...and some much-needed sleep!