Saturday, January 3, 2009

He's Walking!

Okay, I know I need a video but since mine stink posting without one is about the same. Eric tried his hand or rather feet at walking this week. He still prefers crawling as his mode of transportation, but he is getting more confident on his feet. He has a Frankenstein or zombie walk which is funny. Each step he takes, his legs get further and further apart which poses a problem, but he hasn't done the splits yet.

Eric loves to climb. If he can climb it, he will. Stairs are a snap. He often gets stuck on a stool or in the pantry trying to get to the goodies. My time is coming when he is going to be everywhere at once and unable to be contained. Eric has already started cutting his naps short.

At his doctor appointment the 30th, Eric weighed in at 21 lbs 6 ounces and 30 inches. He is as healthy as can be. He is so mellow and calm too. The doctor asked if that was normal for Eric. When I said it was, the pediatrician said he would take a full day of little boys like Eric. The only fuss Eric made wa his shot, but that lasted less than 20 seconds. He was back to his chattering self quick.

I have noticed Eric is a bit obsessive when it comes to food. He eats one food completely before moving the next type. He picks apart soups that way. I made him a cheese-less pizza tonight. He ate all the meat off before licking the sauce and eating the crust. LOL! He ate two slices, the porker!

After having a houseful for the holiday, I am so glad one of my children is mild-mannered. I would say quiet, but Eric has discovered the shriek.

No comments: