Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover

I always find it cool to read a book or see a show and know exactly what or where it is. I was able to see the EHM show about the Grys family in Pekin (finally). As the show opens I knew where all of those landmarks are located. I pass by the new house often. I know one of the workers at Sears that helped shop for the family. She was able to pick out clothes for Jake. I know someone whose son was in Jake's kindergarten class and know the family. It is so neat to see and adds a bit of reality to the show for me because I can relate. Yeah, I saw the excavators cleaning up after demolition. I even went to see the house as it was being built. Some of the flooring trucks arrived while I was there. It was so cool to watch and there was a party at our area civic center for the show.

The only thing I didn't like was not seeing anyone I know personally caught on camera-- not that I wasn't looking!

No comments: