Thursday, October 16, 2008

He had a dream ...

so now I have a bruised calf muscle. Hubby had a dream last night so he kicked me ... hard ... twice. He was apologetic when he realized it was me he kicked. He kept telling me it wasn't me he was trying to kick. I asked him what it was then. His response? An evil, porcelain doll. Yeah. It had been a coyote but turned into the doll so he was kicking it to kill it. He missed the first time so kicked again. Well, he didn't miss me the first time or the second either.

So what do I do? I faked being asleep when Eric woke up at 4 a.m. I guess hubby was still feeling guilty, because he got up without even trying to wake me. He took care of Eric even though I usually do during the week. I sure didn't feel guilty as my leg was throbbing and tender by then.

That was worse than the falling Christmas tree dream. Early in our marriage hubby dreamed a Christmas tree fell on him. He jumped sky high which scared me awake since I was in that semi-conscious state right before fully asleep. I frantically asked, "What?!" "A tree fell on me ... zzzzzz" UGH!

Another funny thing about dh is that he talks in his sleep if he is stressed at work. He did it all the time when he was in the military. He would bark out orders at me (or who he was dreaming I was), but I just laughed at him which translated to insubordination from his men in his dream. He blew someone up too once (in his dream that is).

Dh usually doesn't act out his dreams. I can count on one hand in almost 15 years that he has. Maybe I shouldn't have given him that chocolate caramel bar to eat before bed. That stuff is dangerous for more than your hips.

1 comment:

Heidi Lynn said...

That is really funny! Maybe me and melissa will have to write a song about it. :) haha Just kiddin! :)