Thursday, October 23, 2008

Charissa

I gotta brag about my oldest. Charissa is 15 (16 in 4 months) and a pretty good kid. She is helpful. She does have the ocassional mouthy attitude, but overall she is a keeper.

Charissa is talented musically and plays the piano well. She plays at church when asked. She is a voracious reader and loves to write. She is a good student (much better than I ever was) which I knew. She surprised me with how good of a student last night.

She brought home her Honors English grade for the quarter yesterday. She showed me the grade. I couldn't believe it. I gave her the parental spill about trying harder and improving next quarter. It was all tongue-in-cheek though. She had a 99 for her grade. That is so awesome!

She also showed us her practice ACT she took in preparation for next year when she is a junior and takes the real thing. She had a score of 22 for the practice run. She will do well. She has a good head on her shoulders and a great mind in that head.

I am so proud of her!

3 comments:

Colette and Lance said...

Yeah for Charissa! So who gets the "opportunity" to teach her to drive?

Ranae said...

Her dad ... I said I did the baby duties through potty training so he gets the privilege to teach driving. LOL!

Colette and Lance said...

Way to go Charissa! I don't believe the mouthy attitude comment, though! No such thing runs in your family =P
Keep up the AWESOME work!

Uncle Lance