Friday, September 26, 2008

Cyclops

So I have no picture which would make it even funnier. I was going outside to hang clothes on our clothes since the day is just gorgeous. I glanced at Cara and Joanna who were busy eating lunch at the table (they have today off from school). I did a double-take. Each one of them had huge goggly eye stuck to their foreheads.

I guess they got into the craft bin I keep for the days I hear "I'm bored!" or rainy days or too hot days or ... you get the idea. They stuck one of the eyes to their forehead because they asked, "What?" when I shook my head and sighed. The lightbulb went off though as they reached for the forehead at same time. I was rewarded with a couple of cheesy grins.

Cheap entertainment, I guess. Speaking of cheap entertainment, I had to go to the elementary school Thursday to set up lunch for the teachers. The PTO provides lunch for the teachers on conference days which was Thursday (we did breakfast for them this morning). I had to take Eric with me as school wasn't out quite yet. He wasn't a happy camper especially when I put him down in the school office. I managed to get him quiet and ran out to my car for the last load of stuff.

When I came in, the office staff asked where Eric went. I said he was still in here. They asked what I did to get him quiet. A pacifier, perhaps? No. I had to confess. I put a visitor sticker on each of Eric's thighs. He was busy trying to get them off and quite content (until I pulled them off for him).

Yeah, sticky things are great entertainment. That 80 cent roll of tape can amuse most children for quite a while. It has foiled many a fits too to have a piece of tape stuck to the nose.

No comments: